Friday, April 29, 2016

4.29.16

I've got some weekend words for you. I have actually been writing, and some inspiration was even taken (for other pieces) from some of the other works I've shared recently. Do you like a contextual analysis? I do, but I find it too simplistic. Maybe that is a bit elitist of me! Anyway, here's a poem.




4-27-16



I presume to speak for you
When I say we want to live on after death.

There are names marked deeply,
Scored to protect against time and weather,
Theirs are the claim to deeds and monuments.
Others hide in a passive voice
In a feathery hand, and
Maybe one does not survive.

A roll of names is a cemetery,
A minuscule footprint;
Not all are stirred there, not all are comfortable.

Perhaps one would touch the engravings
And follow the syllables with a finger
strike a small spark in the soul
Before pulling one's hand away.

No comments:

Post a Comment