Friday, April 15, 2016

4.15.16

Happy Tax Day, and Friday, and I'm trying to be ahead of the game by getting a Weekend Words ready for you. I hadn't made one in forever, because the things I had written recently all suck (in my opinion) and I couldn't remember what older things I'd already shared. Clearly the logical response is to do nothing!




3-1-16



The hair is shaggy on the flanks of the deer
And they eat in the brambles at the side of the road
As if it were not a road,
And watch us lazily, as if we were not cars
There is no threat in springtime.

There is no threat from the gusts
That blow songbirds in each other’s paths
When they choose not to cling to limbs,
Or when rain plashes birds nest cups
To put spores on the wind.

The streams dabble up to you shoes
Ferrying a season’s ammunition
Over the falls--





3-10-16



I’ve been writing this over
Several roaring days,
Pulling the creased and fading paper out of pockets,
Making its edges sharpened
And then soft.
The sky cycles through its extremes
Lion-like, and present, and in control,
Leaving little slack between.
This is your spring!
Grow your daffodils in the mudslide,
Host easter in the late snows,
Mow your lawn in the downpour,
While loose blossoms
are pasted to wet windows.

This is your spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment