Saturday, October 22, 2016

10.22.16

Weekend words. Yes I complained about this, and yes I still do it, and yes I appreciate you humoring me. 





10-15-16



I was waiting for the winds,
And was disappointed when they didn’t come.
I wanted tonight to be different from every other night,
But it was the same.
More television,
equal rain.

I wanted to pause the film
between the frames,
And pretend, in the dark,
Just for once.
But now I’m surrounded by the detritus,
(treasure and junk)
That defines my days.
My body will desiccate among it,

Hermetically saved.




10-17-16


I don’t write about important things;
Places with foundations, gravity of purpose.
I don’t mention palaces or graveyards
Dripping with history.
I don’t write about weighty things
Which should be lifted or destroyed.
All I write is how the weather is
As I move through the void.

1 comment: