Monday, January 18, 2016

1.17.16

Yes, I have been on vacation. It was great! Now I'm back, ready to share some weekend words with you. Hilariously, I grabbed some old notebooks from my mom's house when I was last over there. Hilariously because they were from high school and before, and what might be called poetry was inside, and it was terrible and laughable. As were my attempts at art, before I realized that I am not an artist. The following poems are not of that ilk, I wouldn't do that to you.





1-13-16



I wanted to stand in the surf
and be crushed by a wave.
Rolled with flechettes of stone
made cold, and made into the mist,
and be made into the bones of this place.
At the steps of a temple
I wished I could feel more.
Even with the heavy clouds
peering over my shoulder;
even with the weight of time
and sharp edges of beauty
I am still a dull ump.
Too heavy to float but too light to sink,
scuffed, but uncarveable.





This one was made on the same date, so I don't know what else to call it.



Standing in sunlight’s kitchen door
facing out,
I know behind me in the white slats of light
is a smile and a promise.
In every day, in every life
I have another track to follow,
hopefully with bends to the hills,
and to the sea,
and hopefully again to the bright morning
we can spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment