Tuesday, June 16, 2015

6.16.15

Some belated weekend words for you. (Isn't that how it always works?)



6/2/15


I am informed of the tidings of my generation.
A generic letter in the mail with cheerful
headers and group snaps,
A heavy-sounding news cast,
this is what I will do next.

I have been informed I will love the cities.
Nightlife, nature, education, free will,
to have it all and still
be unfulfilled, isolated,
damned by the boredom
afforded by the accident of my birth.

I have been informed I will spend more money,
have some debt, the better to match,
and from my perch, the view will be
vast but the wind
harder and harder to push back.

I haven’t seen enough, my eyes are slit,
my mind malleable,
so I must be informed
that it is my privilege to have been born,
and that I must conform.

No comments:

Post a Comment