Tuesday, September 30, 2014

9.30.14

Sorry or no weekend words, it got away from me, so have some for a Tuesday instead. I meant to include some on the theme of poetry of place from the post about Hugo, so we'll see how well this dovetails:




1/9/11


Everything has shifted.
I woke up this way,
Propped up with mud.
The worms in their sockets
Wriggle under soft mist.
I pop my ears to clear the muffled echoes
That cuff my head with humidity.
I brush off the little sprouts and runners
It is not yet time!
But when, I cannot see.

. . .

I pass through,
Peered at by rows of curious trees.
Focused more on the shapes on the windshield
That what lays in front of it.
A continuous ribbon,
Unzipping the terrain
Into competing fabrics,
At each hand, chintz and corduroy.
My scope is marred by the wet stars
At once galaxial and glacial.

I do not reach today for mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment